How To Clean A Pond In Rochester New York (NY)
Items Needed Should You Decide To Do It Yourself
Steps Involved For A Successful Pond Cleaning.
- Drain your pond down until there are just a few inches of water. Store some of the pond water in a holding tank and keep tank covered & aerated.
- Carefully collect your koi & fish and put them in the tank with the pond water.
- Drain the rest of the water out of the pond and remove large debris.
- Power wash the rock & gravel in the entire pond and remove all sludge & muck.
- Trim & deadhead all aquatic water plants.
- Adjust any dislodged rocks & inspect your lighting system.
- Start adding water to the pond as well as de-chlorinator.
- Acclimate your pond fish and re-introduce them to the pond.
Click here to get more pond maintenance & cleaning tips for koi or fish ponds