Need Help Finding A Good Pond Contractor Or Pond Service Company In Rochester New York (NY)?
10 Qualities Of A Good Pond Contractor or Pond Service Company
- A good pond contractor should have a minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience in building and maintaining ponds. They should be able to identify and remedy pond problems before and after they occur.
- Either the pond contractor or at least one of their staff is technically qualified and has been trained in the design, maintenance, repair & installation of water features & ponds.
- Have the tools to do the work in an efficient manner, carries extra plumbing parts for repairs as well enhancement products (lights, filter media, bacteria etc) with them on their truck.
- Is cordial in relations to their clients, is a good listener and has a mindset to do good work. Is honest with their dealings and does not infringe on their clients or their clients neighbor’s property (respectful of other people’s property).
- Is organized and keeps the worksite clean & neat for the home or business owner. Clients should not have to clean up after their pond contractors.
- Have references from at least 3 previous clients regarding the contractor’s level of skill & reliability.
- Reliability is so important that we will re-emphasize it. If you hire a pond contractor that is not reliable, the task of building your dream escape is going to turn into a nightmare. You can run into a long, frustrating project if your pond contractor does not do what they say or stand behind their work.
- Communicates with their clients before, during and has a good follow-up process with any questions regarding the care & maintenance of their water garden.
- Is certified in their trade and have undergone training and educational classes to do their job well. Certified aquascape contractors are some of the most informed & qualified pond installers in the gardening industry.
- Is insured and can provide proof of insurance credentials when asked.